Monday, August 16, 2010

Orange Broadband is the worst customer service ever

I am so fed up with my experience with Orange Broadband that I thought I would warn fellow internet users not to sign up with them.I will try and be short and sweet in my explantation despite the fact that my problems with Orange have lasted since 2nd Feb 2007, until now 1st MayMain ProblemDownload speed paid for 2mb - av speed recieved under 500k (monitored using www.thinkbroadband.co.uk)Further Problems
    Mac OS 10.4.3 and above not supported despite the latest version being 10.4.8Technical Support in IndiaAt least 5 different technical support people told me something else was the problem4 failed line tests by orange, where the results could not be got, and each time despite me reporting a problem when the test failed they just waited for me to call backRegularly given wrong information by both technical support and customer service. eg on Thursday I was told a new mac code takes 48 hours to generate. It takes 5 days.
Leaving Orange (nearly)I want to leave Orange. The can't solve my problem. I have been told I need a MAC code, which enables seamless transition from one supplier to another.I asked for my MAC code on the 20th March. I am still with Orange now on the 1st May, and will be for at least another 3 weeks. Why?First it took me 4 days to ask Orange for the code, as the right department is always busy. Then it takes 5 days to generate the code. Then your new supplier need to process it which takes upto 7 days. In my case this code failed. I double checked the code with Orange and BT (new supplier). It fails a second time. in the mean time nearly 3 weeks have passed, always waiting for codes to be checked. BT then tell me the code orange have given me is invalid. Orange of course say it is not, and point out that BT Wholesale have created the code! I ask for a new one. They say you have to wait for the old one to expire, then wait for 5 days for a new code (another 7 working days goes past). Once I get that i have to wait for 5 working days for BT to test it.I currently have no internet at home (from 27th April). I deinstalled my orange software when i thought I could connect to BT. When that didn't work I tried to reinstall my Orange software. It won't work now. I have not connection at all now!!!!!!!!!!! I am paying for it too.I even asked if I could PAY 50 to leave Orange immediately. They said no.I would love to hear from other people to see if they have had a similar experience to me. Whatever you do don't sign up with them, especially if you have an apple mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment